|Bose||Electronic Arts||The New York Observer||On The Fly DC|
|N.A.S.P.P.A||Congressman David Wu||Amnesty International||Obama For America|
|George Washington University||National Student Advertising Competition||Eleanor Roosevelt Papers Project||Allied in Pride|
Contract Inbound Sales Representative, Westborough, MA, Spring 2011
Promoted the purchase of premium music systems, headphones, and home theater systems. Resolved customer services issues.
* $29,000 average weekly sales with a 20% conversion rate and 9% upsell rate.
Bioware Community Management/Marketing Intern, Redwood City, CA, Summer 2009
Responsible for social media initiatives, including product launches and contests. Oversaw Twitter and Facebook day-to-day. Wrote metric reports of press coverage, social media activities, and the Bioware community.
* Increased Twitter followers by 140%
*Conducted online marketing research in competitive titles and the needs of the role-playing-game community.
Marketing Intern, Washington DC, 2008-2009
Marketed content to relevant national and local news sites. Conducted market research on politically active individuals, and monitored article/reporter coverage and placement.
* Created a marketing campaign using social bookmarking and Google Analytics.
*Established "The District Roundup", a DC weekend guide with 300 subscribers.
Social Media Whiz Kid, Washington DC, Spring 2009
Created a social-media marketing campaign to increase company visibility for a local eco-friendly food services company. Pursued public relations opportunities in the DC and business press.
Event Planner/Project Assistant, Washington DC Fall 2009
Organized lobbying day on Capitol Hill for fifty University officials to advocate for federal hiring reform. Prepared briefing memos and policy briefs on federal hiring reform and education issues.
* Researched and scheduled sixty Congressional visits with Representatives, Senators, and senior staff.
Congressional Intern, Washington DC, Spring 2008
Attended Congressional hearings and wrote briefing memos on behalf of Legislative Assistants. Managed the front office, directed constituent calls, coordinated lobbying visits, and led tours of the Capitol.
*Researched and wrote constituent letters on foreign affairs, energy, science, and economic issues.
Steering Committee, Washington DC, 2006-2008
Designed and implemented OUTfront's goals, policies, and strategies to promote lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) human rights.
* Educated the general public and trained activists to promote human rights at local and national conferences.
Intern, New York, NY, Summer 2005
Investigated and wrote reports on current events in the LGBT community. Created fall 2005 newsletter and educational documents.
* Researched for Stonewalled: a report on police abuse and misconduct against LGBT people in the US.
Volunteer, Northern Virginia, 2006-2008
*Phone banking, event support, and canvassing for Barack Obama and Mark Warner.
Participant, Spring 2010, Washington DC
Intensive team case competition to create a full-scale advertising campaign, from research to pitch, for State Farm Insurance. Included traditional/digital media planning, copy writing, and creative concept testing.
* Regionals: First Place; Nationals: Fourth Place
* Extensive research through focus groups, interviews, primary research, and surveying 2000 participants.
* Developed consumer insights on product perceptions, Gen Y, and the purchase process.
Residential Assistant, Washington DC, 2008-2009
Resolved conflicts and communicated trends to administrators. Facilitated the formation and support of building-wide initiatives and groups. Developed knowledge of student development theories and practices.
* Advised 65 first year students regarding personal, academic, and developmental issues.
Research Intern, Washington DC, Spring 2007
* Researched, fact checked, edited, and coded FBI files to be included in The Selected Papers of Eleanor Roosevelt: the Human Rights Years anthology.
* Researched, edited, and coded Eleanor Roosevelt's personal "My Day" columns as part of reviewing over columns for the My Day Project.
President, GWU, 2007-2008
Media representation, managed financial matters, and oversaw executive board.
* Lead a successful initiative to establish a LGBT Resource Center at GWU.
*Google Ad Words, Ad Sense, and Analytics
* Siebel, Qualtrics, SPSS, Mintel, Nielsen, Salesforce
* Photoshop, Illustrator, and iMovie
* Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel
* EBSCO, Lexis-Nexis, Pro Quest, and Capitol Correspondence